Okta, Inc. (NASDAQ: Okta), the leading independent identity provider, today introduced Oktane22 to new innovations for Okta Workforce Identity Cloud, strengthening its single plane of control for identity management across all resources and all users of the company. New innovations include anti-phishing factors across user types and resources, as well as unified access management, governance, and privileged capabilities through an easy-to-use solution that end users and IT professionals computer love.
Today’s enterprise workforce is made up of employees, contractors, and business partners who leverage technology across on-premises, cloud, and hybrid environments to achieve their goals. In a complex and rapidly changing technology ecosystem, identity remains a critical connective tissue between people’s ecosystem and the technologies they need to perform at their best. Phishing in particular continues to be one of the most pressing issues, with more than 60% of social engineering data breaches attributed to credential abuse, according to the survey report. on Verizon’s 2022 data breaches. As the business becomes more heterogeneous, enterprises need a unified identity approach to protect employees, third parties, and critical infrastructure from growing identity-based threats.
Businesses can combat phishing and third-party vulnerabilities with new security features such as:
- Advanced anti-phishing access capabilities for FastPass: Provides phishing resistance for all managed devices and phishing resistance for unmanaged devices on macOS, Windows, and Android operating systems.
- WebAuthn Allowlist: Helps businesses lock down WebAuthn enrollment to only hardware keys issued by a specific organization to prevent phishing attempts.
- Access Key Management: Prevents users from enrolling with cross-device FIDO credentials such as access keys, preventing any potential risk of unmanaged and unsecured devices accessing sensitive applications.
- New and improved security controls for unmanaged devices: Gives security teams deeper insight into devices trying to access their apps and data, enabling their organizations’ zero-trust security initiatives to apply across the board. their entire workforce and supply chain.
Workflow users can create new security automation responses with the following features:
- Security Models: Enables teams to take proactive actions such as identifying changes in user behavior that create risk to the organization, continuously monitoring and improving the organization’s security posture, or full automation of security policy enforcement at the identity layer.
- Connector Builder: Simplifies the creation of new no-code connectors using Workflows’ no-code designer. Technology providers can use Connector Builder to create connectors for their customers, and administrators can also easily connect custom tools.
Key new features of Okta Privileged Access include:
- Credential Vaulting: Provides credential backup and rotation for local user accounts and human-managed shared secrets, and will provide just-in-time access request and approval workflows ( JIT) for human, machine, and application users, eliminating the need for persistent permissions.
- Privileged Governance and Compliance: Generates privileged access reports and additional session management capabilities, creating an audit trail to detect and prevent unwanted behavior and to help prove compliance.
- Modern infrastructure access management: Provides passwordless access management using ephemeral certificate-based authorization for modern infrastructure, including Kubernetes, Linux, and Windows servers .
Okta’s unified identity platform approach enables businesses to:
- Automate processes in IAM, Okta Identity Governance, and Okta Privileged Access: Integrate multiple identity solutions into a single platform with low time to value and without using code or APIs.
- Breaking down identity silos: Improves security and compliance outcomes by breaking down identity silos to provide end-to-end governance and access management.
- Streamline enterprise identity management: Improve management of access and rights to all resources, and for any user with any level of privilege.
#Okta #Unveils #Innovations #Workforce #Identity #Cloud #ETCIO #SEA