Receive instant alerts when news is published about your stocks. Claim your one week free trial for StreetInsider Premium here.
Alibaba Group Holding Limited (NYSE: BABA; HKEX: 9988) today successfully concluded its 14th annual 11.11 (“11.11”) Global Shopping Festival and delivered results in line with last year’s GMV performance despite macroeconomic challenges and the impact of Covid.
This year’s 11.11 featured more than 290,000 brands from more than 90 countries and regions in 7,000 product categories. In the first four hours of the second payment window, which started at 8 p.m. on October 31, more than 130 brands surpassed RMB 100 million in member-generated GMV. More than 5,600 brands saw their member-generated GMV more than double from the first four hours of last year’s second payout window.
“We thank all of our participating merchants and ecosystem partners for working with us to deliver another 11.11 Global Shopping Festival that demonstrates a stable and promising growth trajectory. Together, we have witnessed the resilience and dynamism of the industry of consumption in China,” said Chui Xue, Chairman of Industry Development and Operation Center of Taobao and Tmall, Alibaba Group. “Our priority for this 11.11 was to improve certainty for the operation of our merchants. We are happy to have helped our brands and participating merchants to accumulate new loyal customers during the festival, which will serve as a solid foundation for their operation. sustainable development. We are also encouraged to see new consumer trends emerge with enormous untapped potential. We will continue to innovate and build our capabilities to provide our merchants with reliable opportunities for long-term growth and to strive together to meet the changing needs of consumers.
In its second year entirely on the cloud, this year’s 11.11 Global Shopping Festival saw improvements in IT efficiency through high-performance computing and the deployment of innovative technologies. The compute cost per resource unit has been reduced by 8% compared to last year from April 1 to November 11. Alibaba Cloud’s five large-scale data centers across China doubled the amount of clean energy used to support this year’s 11.11 compared to last year.
Other highlights of the 11.11 Global Shopping Festival 2022
- 1,009 foreign brands on Tmall Global achieved annual GMV growth of more than 100%.
- This year’s 11.11 demonstrated strong growth momentum in categories such as sports and outdoor activities, pet products, collectible toys and jewelry.
- Over 300 million consumers have watched live streaming sessions hosted on Taobao Live since the start of the pre-sale period. During the whole sales period, 62 livestream channels run by influencers and merchants exceeded 100 million RMB in GMV, and 632 livestream channels run by influencers and merchants exceeded 10 million GMV. RMB to GMV.
- Cainiao delivered more than 120 million packages to homes. Nearly 2 million packages were delivered by 700 Xiaomanlv Automated Guided Vehicles (AGVs), doubling from last year.
- During 11.11 this year, Cainiao rolled out a parcel recycling initiative to more than 130,000 Cainiao Post stations, recycling nearly 4 million cardboard parcel boxes from November 1-11. A daily average of more than 100,000 consumers shipped packages using recycled cartons at Cainiao Post stations. during 11.11.
- More than 1.63 million products featured on Tmall during 11.11 this year were labeled as eco-friendly and low-carbon products, covering categories such as clothing, cosmetics, food and energy-efficient electronic products.
- During 11.11, rural live streamers on Taobao Live held over 100,000 live streaming sessions featuring local products.
- A campaign for agricultural products on Taobao Live that accumulated in a special live broadcast session on November 7 facilitated the sale of 35.49 million agricultural products from the start of the sales period to November 7, with a total GMV of over 46,000 SKUs which more than doubled compared to the same period last year.
Note: All times mentioned in this press release refer to Beijing time. Unless otherwise stated, data points included in this press release are for the entire 11.11 Global Shopping Festival sales period, which began on October 31, 2022 and ended on November 11, 2022. Growth rates year-over-year are compared to the same period in 2021. The GMV disclosed in this press release refers to the total value of RMB orders settled via Alipay on Alibaba’s Taobao and Tmall platforms. It is reported in real time and includes shipping charges paid (if applicable). All GMV and other figures presented in this press release are unaudited and subject to adjustments.
About 11.11 Global Shopping Festival
The 11.11 Global Shopping Festival started in 2009 with the participation of only 27 merchants as an event aimed at merchants and consumers to raise awareness of the value of shopping online. For the latest news and updates on the 11.11 Global Shopping Festival 2022, please visit: https://www.alizila.com/
#Alibaba #BABA #successfully #wraps #14th #annual #Global #Shopping #Festival